Ambient Emergency Release Couplings
This range of KLAW ERCs is designed for ambient temperature media transfer.
Instant closure of the KLAW Flip-Flap Valves delivers the crucial advantage of minimal spillage when activated.
Reduced stress on hoses or loading systems
The release mechanism is designed to limit stress on hoses, loading arm systems, fixed piping and other connections such as flange joints.
Compact and lightweight
The light weight and compact designs of KLAW ERCs are important for handling, post-activation control, maintenance and the enabling of a balanced system. This also allows KLAW ERCs to be retrofitted to any existing installation without major modifications to current structures.
Easy to fit
Designed to easily fit existing Loading Arms (re-balance may be required) and fixed pipe systems.
Multiple end connection options are available which means couplings can be bolted, threaded or welded into position.
Available in a range of control options designed to precisely meet your application and operational requirements.
Release options available
Typical media applications
LPG, Fuels (Diesel, Gasoline, Jet-A1, MGO), Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Hydrocarbons, Crude Oil.
Typical operational applications
Loading Arms – top and bottom loading
Hose Assemblies – Rubber, Composite, Metallic
Truck Loading Arms
- Easily retro-fitted to Loading Arm or fixed piping installations.
- Compact and lightweight
- No risk of Partial Break
- Proven KLAW Flip-Flap technology
- 100% Double Closure
- Minimum head-loss delivering efficient flow rates
- Resistant to vibration
- Bump ring for added fall-way protection.
- Robust design and construction
- Collar release design applies no tensile load on the transfer system
- Cable Release control option delivers control over the release of the coupling
- Hydraulic Control option provides independent manual override control
- Dual Control option provides the benefits of both cable and hydraulic release
- Resistant to pressure spikes
- Calibrated breaking load tolerances
- Machined finish for added corrosion resistance
- Available with Reset Facility for ease of maintenance
- Supplied with Installation and Maintenance Manual for ease of use.
HPU system option can control up to 10 ERCs
KLAW Emergency Release Systems are available from 1″ to 10″.
Media transfer temperatures
The KLAW ERC is also suited to Elevated product temperatures (+275°C 527°F).
A range of Cryogenic Emergency Release Couplings is also available for operating temperatures to -196°C (-320°F).
This range has been designed to offer optimum flow rate while maintaining 100% closure.
KLAW has also developed additional high-performance couplings that provide additional flow rate capacities occasionally required in specific ship loading and unloading applications.
End Connection options
Flanged – ANSI, PN, JIS flange standards
NPT Threaded Male
NPT Threaded Female
BSPP Tapered or Parallel
Weld Prepared Ends – e.g. Schedule 40
Contact the KLAW development team regarding flow and pressure requirements for you application.