Minimise risk of spills when transferring Cryogenic media
Simple to install and easy to service – the KLAW Cryobreak 1, 2, 3
1 x Body Seal, 2 x Reset Washers and 3 x Breakstuds
|Size shown 1” DN25||Size shown 2” DN50|
Available in sizes:
1⁄2” DN13 – 1” DN25 – 11⁄4” DN32 – 11⁄2” DN40 – 2” DN50 – 21⁄2” DN65 – 3” DN80 – 4” DN100
The latest in Cryogenic Breakaway Coupling technology[Back to top]
The KLAW Cryobreak Breakaway Coupling minimises the risk of cryogenic media spills; this reduces the risk of both damage to assets and injury to personnel in the event of a drive-off or extreme pressure flow.
- Minimum headloss – reduces impact on your general operation.
- Compact and lightweight – enables easy handling and moving of the coupling.
- Simple to operate and maintain – each unit is supplied with a detailed Installation and Maintenance Manual.
- The KLAW Cryobreak takes advantage of KLAW Flip-Flap Valve and Breakstud technology.
- KLAW Flip-Flap Valve technology eliminates the risk of Partial Break – activation and therefore flow closure can be instigated with a single Breakstud release.
100% instantaneous closure of both upstream and downstream flow – minimizes the risk of spills and clean-up costs.
Shown Flip-Flap Valves within the two separated halves in the activated and closed position.
Operating temperatures to -196°C (-320°F)[Back to top]
Designed and manufactured for the safe transfer of media at cryogenic temperatures.
Operational advantages[Back to top]
- Light and compact.
- More simple to maintain: Reset plugs with easy to reset procedure after maintenance or activation.
- ATEX cable is fitted as standard.
- No need for separate end connectors; but maintains the flexibility of multiple End Connections.
- Wrench spanner Flats included in the design for easy threaded end attachment.
- Option to include proximity switch to monitor transfer operations.
Typical applications[Back to top]
Large scale and small scale Ship Bunkering, Ship-to-Shore operations, Road Tanker refuelling and Bulk Storage, Fixed Bulk Storage operations, Rail Car Tender Cars, Loading Arm installations and retail dispense equipment for cryogenic service.
Typical media[Back to top]
- Liquid Nitrogen
- Liquid Oxygen
Delivers protection from:
- Road Tanker drive-off prior to disconnection.
- Shift or shunt of Rail Cars during loading or unloading operations.
- Over pressurisation of the transfer system beyond the engineered tolerance of the Breakstuds.
Breaking loads[Back to top]
Coupling break-loads can be varied to suit any particular application.
This Cryogenic Breakaway Coupling is designed to activate under a bending moment. The applied force being an angle of up to 90 degrees to the plane of the coupling.
Specifications[Back to top]
1” weight: 1.8kg length: 119mm.
2” weight: 6.3kg length: 201mm.
Material: Stainless Steel 316.
End connections: Threaded Female, Flanged and Weld prepared. Other connections available on request.
Contact the KLAW Team[Back to top]
For additional applications or specifications please contact the KLAW team on:
Telephone: +44 1373 827100 or email: email@example.com