Minimise risk of spills when transferring Cryogenic media
Simple to install and easy to service – the KLAW Cryobreak 1, 2, 3
1 x Body Seal, 2 x Reset Washers and 3 x Breakstuds
|Size shown 1” DN25||Size shown 2” DN50|
Available in sizes:
1⁄2” DN13 – 1” DN25 – 11⁄4” DN32 – 11⁄2” DN40 – 2” DN50 – 21⁄2” DN65 – 3” DN80 – 4” DN100
The latest in Cryogenic Breakaway Coupling technology[Back to top]
The KLAW Cryobreak Breakaway Coupling minimises the risk of cryogenic media spills; this reduces the risk of both damage to assets and injury to personnel in the event of a drive-off or extreme pressure flow.
- Minimum headloss – reduces impact on your general operation.
- Compact and lightweight – enables easy handling and moving of the coupling.
- Simple to operate and maintain – each unit is supplied with a detailed Installation and Maintenance Manual.
- The KLAW Cryobreak takes advantage of KLAW Flip-Flap Valve and Breakstud technology.
- KLAW Flip-Flap Valve technology eliminates the risk of Partial Break – activation and therefore flow closure can be instigated with a single Breakstud release.
100% instantaneous closure of both upstream and downstream flow – minimizes the risk of spills and clean-up costs.
Shown Flip-Flap Valves within the two separated halves in the activated and closed position.
Operating temperatures to -196°C (-320°F)[Back to top]
Designed and manufactured for the safe transfer of media at cryogenic temperatures.
Operational advantages[Back to top]
- Light and compact.
- More simple to maintain: Reset plugs with easy to reset procedure after maintenance or activation.
- ATEX cable is fitted as standard.
- No need for separate end connectors; but maintains the flexibility of multiple End Connections.
- Wrench spanner Flats included in the design for easy threaded end attachment.
- Option to include proximity switch to monitor transfer operations.
Typical applications[Back to top]
Large scale and small scale Ship Bunkering, Ship-to-Shore operations, Road Tanker refuelling and Bulk Storage, Fixed Bulk Storage operations, Rail Car Tender Cars, ISO Tank loading and unloading, Loading Arm installations and retail dispense equipment for cryogenic service.
Typical media[Back to top]
- Liquid Nitrogen
- Liquid Oxygen
- Liquid Argon
Delivers protection from:
- Road Tanker drive-off prior to disconnection.
- Shift or shunt of Rail Cars during loading or unloading operations.
- Over pressurisation of the transfer system beyond the engineered tolerance of the Breakstuds.
Breaking loads[Back to top]
Coupling break-loads can be varied to suit any particular application.
This Cryogenic Breakaway Coupling is designed to activate under a bending moment. The applied force being an angle of up to 90 degrees to the plane of the coupling.
Specifications[Back to top]
1” weight: 1.8kg length: 119mm.
2” weight: 6.3kg length: 201mm.
Material: Stainless Steel 316.
End connections: Threaded Female, Flanged and Weld prepared. Other connections available on request.
Contact the KLAW Team[Back to top]
For additional applications or specifications please contact the KLAW team on:
Telephone: +44 1373 827100 or email: email@example.com