Industrial Breakaway Couplings minimising risk of spills
Minimises risk of spills and reduces risk
of damage to assets and injury during industrial transfer operations.
|Size shown 1”||Size shown 2”|
The latest in Industrial transfer protection[Back to top]
In the event of drive-off or extreme pressure surge the Flowbreak activates and delivers 100% instantaneous closure of both upstream and downstream flow.
The coupling then separates therefore minimising risk of damage to assets such as loading arms, hoses, mountings and other parts of the transfer system.
Operational advantages[Back to top]
This industrial breakaway coupling offers additional distinct advantages.
- Minimum headloss to ensure the fastest possible transfer times.
- Compact and lightweight design for easy handling.
- Reset plugs deliver easy to reset procedures after service or activation.
- ATEX cable is fitted as standard (where applicable).
- Multiple connection options.
- Option to include proximity switch.
- KLAW Flip-Flap Valve and Breakstud technology avoids the risk of partial break.
- Loading Arms.
- Hose transfer assemblies; where at least one side of the coupling is attached to a rigid and fixed point.
- Road Tanker.
- Ship Terminals.
- Loading Bays.
Delivers protection from:
- Road Tanker drive-off prior to disconnection.
- Shift or shunt of Rail Cars during loading or unloading operations.
- Ship-to-shore transfer operations.
- Over pressurisation of the transfer system beyond the engineered tolerance of the Breakstuds.
Typical media[Back to top]
- Hydrochloric Acids
- Fuel oil
- Sulphuric Acid
- Jet Fuel
KLAW Industrial Breakaway Couplings are suitable for 99% of all liquids and gases.
Breaking loads[Back to top]
Coupling break-loads can be varied to suit any particular application.
Specifications[Back to top]
Sizes: 1″ to 12″.
Material options: Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel (and others on request), Duplex, Super Duplex, Hastelloy, Alloy 20, Aluminium. Other materials available on request.
Connection options: Threaded, Flanged or Weld End Connections. Other connections available on request.
Contact the KLAW Team
For additional applications or specifications please contact the KLAW team on:
Telephone: +44 1373 827100 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org